Sony WH-1000X M4 Top Features and Speccs
Before explaining about features of the new Sony WH-1000X M4 noise cancellation headphones, let us discuss some basic differences between Earbuds and Earphones. Earbuds are usually plastic made and come with one size only, due to its design earbuds may have an unstable and uncomfortable fit. In general, earbuds rest on the outside of our ear canal but helps to be mindful of the environment.however if sound quality is not a priority these are the best choice. Whereas Earphones are extended into our ear canal and less likely fallout from ears. Silicon tips are used for better comfort also sound quality will be better than earbuds. According to their design, these are classified into in-ear,on-ear, headsets, etc. Now let us see the features of New Sony WH-1000X M4 noise cancellation headphones.
Sony WH-1000X M4 Review
- These Sony WH-1000X M4 are known to be Wireless Bluetooth noise cancellation on-ear headphones with good design and lightweight earcups(which makes less stress on-ear if we use for long time)
- These headphones have industry-leading digital noise cancellation features, it consists of dual noise sensor technology featuring two microphones on each earcup which helps to capture ambient noise and passes data to the “Noise-canceling processor Qn1”(it is one of the dedicated microprocessors for noise cancellation).
- It also has a DSEE Extreme feature, used to upscale the compressed music files for digital sound enhancement, and works with Edge Artificial intelligence engine.
- The Sense engine combined with Hi-Res Wireless Audio(technical and marketing term for HD sound) is another key feature for these headphones which offers a smart listening experience using the sense engine. Generally, the sense engine automatically detects activity and balances noise cancellation level.
- These headphones come with 30 hours of battery life, supporting quick charging too. Sony company claims that for 10 minutes charge it gives us 5 hours of playback time.
- Other than sound quality, design, battery life these headphones also have some other unique features like multiple device Bluetooth pairing, a voice assistant for hassle-free experience, touch control sensors, speak to chat technology, etc.
- Seamless multiple device pairing is one of the interesting features, such that headphones can be paired with two Bluetooth devices at the same time without unpairing on another device.
- Alexa, a voice assistant is inbuilt enabled to these headphones for a hands-free experience such that we can access to music, information, and many more through voice commands.
- These headphones come with touch control sensors placed on both earcups so we can control the media player options like pause, play, skip tracks, backward tracks, volume control. Also by special touch gestures, we can activate the voice assistant and answer phone calls too.
- Wear detection gesture, it is a unique feature that comes in headphones such that playback pauses whenever headphones are removed and again resumes when we put it back on.
- Speak to chat technology, it is a unique feature for headphones to date, in which the headphone Automatically pauses music when we speak such that letting down the sound so we can conduct the conversation to others.